Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
900 N Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22203
The journey of a Ph.D. student is difficult. In my five years as one, I faced many challenges. I do not claim that my journey has been any more challenging than those of my fellow Ph.D students but it sure has been overwhelming to me. The most difficult part, by far, has been to keep myself motivated---asking myself why I chose to do this? And wanting a convincing answer each time.
To me, the most brutal aspect of this journey has been the rejections I faced. While my accepted publications are open for everyone to view, what only I (and those closest to me) know are the rejected ones. I will maintain this page to list all my rejected submissions over the years. As I first write this page, this list has 13 submissions. Though they sure feel like a lot more than 13! I am sure there will be a few (if not many) more.
am, by no means, implying that the number of papers one has is any measure of ones success. It is not! The purpose of this is also not to demotivate anyone who sees them. It is only to remind myself (and, if possible, motivate anyone who is experiencing what I have) that each rejection was not a failure but a stepping stone to a small success story!
- 1. Coexistence of DSRC and Wi-Fi: Impact on the Performance of Vehicular Safety Applications, IEEE SECON 2016.
- 2. Coexistence of DSRC and Wi-Fi: Impact on the Performance of Vehicular Safety Applications, IEEE Globecom 2016.
- 3. C-UORA: A Novel Random Access Scheme for Uplink Multi-User OFDMA in IEEE 802.11ax, IEEE ICC 2017.
- 4. C-UORA: A Novel MAC Scheme for Uplink Multi-User OFDMA in Dense Wi-Fi Networks, IEEE ICC Workshop 2017.
- 5. LTE-V and DSRC: State-of-the-art, Coexistence and Future Evolution, IEEE Communications Magazine, 2018.
- 6. Performance of IEEE 802.11ax in a Heterogeneous Wi-Fi Network, ACM MobiHoc 2018.
- 7. Toward Increasing the Random Access Efficiency of Multi-User OFDMA in IEEE 802.11ax, IEEE ICNP 2018.
- 8. The Artificial Hidden Node Problem in the Coexistence of IEEE 802.11ax and Legacy Wi-Fi, IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- 9. Toward Increasing the Random Access Efficiency of Multi-User OFDMA in IEEE 802.11ax, IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- 10. Does TCP BBR Provide What it Promises? A Case Study with a Millimeter Wave Link, IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- 11. Impact of Adjacent Channel Wi-Fi Interference on C-V2X Performance, IEEE ICC 2019.
- 12. Congestion Based Re-transmission Control for C-V2X Sidelink Mode 4, IEEE Globecom 2019.
- 13. Coexistence of Wi-Fi 6 and 5G NR-U in the 6 GHz Bands: Impact of the Detection Threshold, ACM MobiHoc 2020.
- 14. Next Generation Wi-Fi and 5G NR-U in the 6 GHz Bands: Opportunities & Challenges, IEEE Access, 2020.
- 15. Coexistence of Wi-Fi 6 and 5G NR-U: Can We Do Better in the 6 GHz Bands?, IEEE ICNP 2020.